Friday, December 11, 2015

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey Happiness

I'm aiming to document our daily life again. I did so well for years and well, life took over. Our lives are 180 degree changed from where they were 5 years ago. We've made a 2000 mile trek and relocated our family to the frozen tundra.

Tonight I sit in a hotel 250 miles from home with my middle child, my oldest son. We are at another hockey tournament. This year begins the traveling hockey experience. We've travelled over 3000 miles this winter so far to hockey tournaments. Oh the things we do for our kids. HA!  3/5 of our family are at home to take the youngest to his hockey and allow our daughter to attend a mommy/me day. Thank God for good friends. L is attending that mommy/me day with my friend and her daughter. LS has become a wonderful friend. And L has become best friends with MF. Life has settled into comfortable happiness.

Today we began the day early, early. Drove 3 hours to get to the tournament. The team dressed and warmed up before game time. They played a great game. The kids are getting better and better each week. Unfortunately, they lost 3-2. At least it was much closer than the GF tourney a couple weeks ago (they got smoked then!!). Next game is 11 tomorrow.

Tonight we have another of S's teammate with us. His mom had another game at home so we are watching HH until she gets here tomorrow. I think it has made it even more fun for S. We came back to the hotel, had pizza delivered then headed to a trampoline jumping place. I thought they would be tired out - no go. So down to the pool for another hour or so. Now they are showered, popping popcorn and watching Christmas movies. Hoping for a restful night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment